I love this drama!! This is the best Taiwanese drama I’ve ever seen.
This drama was made in 2009, but I recently moved to watch it just now. And i regret. Why I don’t watch this drama from earlier? Why I consumed my own opinion that Vanness Wu who plays the male lead in this drama is as the same as incompetent person in Meteor Garden? But i also thankful because watching this melodrama with full of romance story after heartbreaking drama of Heartless City is really enjoyable, closer to heart-melting.
Autumn’s Concerto consists of 21 episodes. Although the episode is quite long compared to k-drama or j-dorama, but I didn’t feel bored because the plot is executed well. There are many interesting themes raised in this drama, ranging from PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), parent-children issue, sexual harassment, legal world until love triangle story. However, the theme of memory loss remains as usual.
For me, every character in this drama is developed quite well. Start from Ady An as a center figure that much in trouble. As a female lead, she play it well. Her character is mostly showed sad feeling but without having to look whiny sad because she has positive attitude here. I also saw considerable changes acting on Vanness Wu, compared to his acting in Meteor Garden. His expression and body language in this drama are awesome. I love his expression whenever he raised his eyebrows. Then there is Xiao Xiao Bin as a clever little boy, cute and adorable. Tiffany Hsu is pretty but kind-hearted. Christ Wu depicted as a God helper with manly-looking. The last, Derrick Chang who play as Guang Xi’s assistant is success stealing my heart because of their witty dialogue with Vanness Wu. This is definitely my favorite Asian family drama so far. Plus, shirtless scenes of Vanness Wu is surely lovable to watch: p
I have read somewhere that Autumn’s Concerto has different translation in Chinese. It means “Next Stop, Happiness”. That’s why in the opening of each episode, they wrote 1st Stop, 2nd Stop, 3rd Stop, and continuing. I finally understand this meaning at the last episode when Mu Cheng said that she’s ready to stop/stay anywhere as long as there is Guang Xi at the stop, because Guang Xi is her happiness.
Lists of unforgettable episodes for me :
- Episode 5. Ren Guang Xi, I’ve been calling your name many times but why you don’t show up here :p
- Episode 14. This is the heart-wrecking episode. After 6 years, finally he knows the truth. Guang Xi’s expression makes me cry.
- Episode 16. Hahaa..i can’t stop laughing when Gary and Guang Xi talking about spaceship toys for Xiao Le. Besides, there is another (kind of) bed scene between Mu Cheng and Guang Xi.
- Episode 19. Mu Cheng is extremely beautiful here. The court scene is also thoughtful.
- Episode 20. The character of Director Fang is amazing. She is strong woman